"BECOMING AN EU OFFICIAL: THE METHODOLOGY TO SUCCEED"
Registrations for this course will be managed form our own page at the following periods:
- From 2019-09-10 to 2019-09-14: 185 €
- From 2019-09-15 to 2019-09-30: 220 €
- From 2019-10-01 to 2019-10-05: 245 €
Registrations are not open at this moment.
This course represents an optimal tool for candidates who are interested in becoming an EU official and work for the European institutions.
In this course, we will specifically focus on the context and the methodology that you need to master in order to be successful in the AD5 competition. More concretely, after the course, you will have an in-depth knowledge about the first phase of the competition.
DATE: 12th October 2019
Start: 12/10/2019, 09.00 AM.
End: 12/10/2019, 7.00 PM.
R. Rodrigues de Faria 103
To become an EU official and work in the inspiring multicultural environment of the European institutions, you need to pass the EPSO exams. In the course "Becoming an EU Official: The methodology to succeed" you will get to know the methodology and all the keys and insights that you need to reach your goals.
- Students in the last academic year of their year bachelor.
- Professionals with a 3-year bachelor degree.
- General public who are interested in applying for an EU working position.
09.00h: Introduction to the course.
09.15h - 11.30h: The European Institutions and the career system.
- Let's start from a common point: what is the European Union and what are its priorities?
- What is the EPSO contest and why is it for you?
- What institutions can you access through the EPSO competition?
- What kind of profile does the European Union look for?
- What do the European institutions offer you?
- Take the floor: Why do you want to work in the European institutions?
- How can you get a job in the European Union?
- EPSO is your goal, Yepso!, the one who helps you achieve it.
- When do I start?
- How is the selection process?
- The road to success.
11.30h - 12.00h: Break.
12.00h - 14.00h: Preselection test.
In this block, we carry out an explanation of the pre-selection tests. To do so, we intersperse the theoretical description of the methodology developed by Yepso! with practical exercises.
- Verbal reasoning.
- Numerical reasoning.
14.00h - 16.00h: Break.
16.00h - 18.00h: Preselection tests.
- Abstract reasoning.
- Situational judgement.
18.00h - 18.45h: Introduction to subsequent selection tests: E-tray, Assessment Centre and Reserve List.
18.45h - 19.00h: Recapitulation, Q&A and closing.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Carlos Gil has a degree in Law and a BA in Public Administrations. He has a solid background in European Affairs, a trajectory that he has consolidated through postgraduate studies at the University of A Coruña, the Diplomatic School of Spain and the College of Europe (Belgium). He has complemented this training oriented to the European Union with doctoral studies and other Jean Monnet’s postgraduate training.
He began his path towards the access to the European administration at the Diplomatic School, where he specialised in the European civil service. He deepened his training through multiple training courses in Belgium and the MA in European Political and Governance Studies. It was in this context that, after perceiving the difficulties to prepare EPSO's selective processes properly, he started to develop the innovative Yepso!’s methodology.
It is necessary to mention that Carlos has extensive professional experience linked to European Institutions. On the one hand, he has the vision of the Institutions through its trajectory in official information centres of the European Commission. On the other hand, as a consultant and advisor of European projects, he provided innovative ideas and solutions in a local and national key through the European Centre for Government Transformation.